Sparkly Seniors Soirée Jewelry Making Party Package
A therapeutically creative jewelry making activity for your senior resident workshop that feels more like a party. During this Sparkly Seniors Soirée Jewelry Making Party, residents are taught to make a glass bead and pearl memory wire necklace or wrap bracelet.
Participants are encouraged to lay out their design on the necklace /bracelet bead board tray while the instructor teaches them how to size and arrange the components. Each senior’s jewelry design will show the world that their inner sparkle hasn’t dulled one bit.
And let’s not forget our dapper gentleman seniors! For those not interested in making ladies’ jewelry, the following alternatives are available: beaded book band, button tie clip, deck of cards bow tie or just enjoy learning about gemstones and metals.
Once everyone completes their jewelry project, we will sing-along to “Young at Heart” and have a group photo shoot (optional).
Beading Benefits of a Sparkly Seniors Soirée Jewelry Making Party
Beading is known to improve fine motor, visual perceptual, and cognitive skills by promoting design decision making, increasing visual memory, enhancing eye-hand coordination and hand muscle strength. The benefits of beading are as plentiful as my bead stash, however, it is also a relaxing and social activity.
What’s Included in the Sparkly Seniors Soirée Jewelry Making Party
The Sparkly Seniors Soirée Jewelry Making Party package includes 2 hours of fun plus:
- beading materials to make a memory wire bracelet or necklace
- optional alternative to memory wire: stretch cord
- optional materials for gentleman: elastic book bands, deck of cards, button tie clips
- jewelry making tools
- custom invitations
- Music playlist spanning 1920’s – 1960’s for workshop duration
- coordinating organza jewelry drawstring pouches or neutral tone paper bags for each sparkly senior
- Option A (with jewelry making tools): $18.00 per senior with a minimum of 5 students. For 6 seniors or more, only $15.00 per sparkly student.
- Option B (stretch cord only projects without jewelry making tools): $13.00 per senior with a minimum of 5 students. For 6 seniors or more, only $10.00 per sparkly student.
- Option C (designs for gentlemen): $12.00 per senior with a minimum of 5 students. For 6 seniors or more, only $10.00 per sparkly student.
Additional travel fee is required.