School Workshops in Jewelry Making
An educational and creative jewelry making activity for your sparkly student school workshops. During my jewelry making School Workshops, students are taught to make various projects from kits. The kits are directed by teacher input for various topics of study such as themes, shapes, materials, program requirements, etc. We also offer basic bracelet and necklace jewelry kit options for lunchtime or after school programs. For specific coordination of your classroom objective or topic, please message me.
Once everyone completes their jewelry project, we will have a group photo shoot with school teachers (optional). You are welcome to include these photos in your school newspaper, staff newsletter, progress reports, PTA meetings and social media.
Beading Benefits of School Workshops
Beading is known to improve fine motor, visual perceptual, and cognitive skills by promoting design decision making, increasing visual memory, enhancing eye-hand coordination and hand muscle strength. The developmental benefits of beading are as plentiful as my bead stash, however, it is also a relaxing and social activity.
What’s Included in the School Workshops
The School Workshops includes 2 hours of fun plus:
- beading materials and jewelry making tools for each project
- gender neutral projects available for boys
- handouts with instructions and outlining the learning objectives of each project
- coordinating jewelry pouches or neutral tone gift bags for each student
- stickers to decorate or keep
- evaluation of project and beading instructor (performed by classroom teacher)
$5.00 – 10.00 per student kit, plus additional $50.00 instructor rate (for 2 hours).
Additional travel fee is required.